- Know your Nationalistic composers and writers:
- Emanuel deFalla (Spain) was a Spanish composer. Along with Isaac Albeniz and Enrique Granados, he was one of Spain’s most important musicians of the first half of the 20th century. His image appeared on Spain’s 1970 100-pesetas banknote.
- Antonin Dvorak (Czechoslavakia) was a Czech composer. After Bedrich Smetana, he was the second Czech composer to achieve worldwide recognition. Following Smetana’s nationalist example, Dvorak frequently employed aspects, specifically rhythms, of the folk music of Moravia and his native Bohemia. Dvorak’s own style has been described as “the fullest recreation of a national idiom with that of the symphonic tradition, absorbing folk influences and finding effective ways of using them.”
- Nicolai Rimsky-Korsokov (Russian) was a Russian composer, and a member of the group of composers known as The Five.He was a master of orchestration. His best-known orchestral compositions—Capriccio Espagnol, the Russian Easter Festival Overture, and the symphonic suite Scheherazade—are staples of the classical music repertoire, along with suites and excerpts from some of his 15 operas. Scheherazade is an example of his frequent use of fairy tale and folk subjects.
- Michael Moore is an American left-wing documentary filmmaker and author. He is the director and producer of Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004), a critical look at the presidency of George W. Bush and the War on Terror, which is the highest-grossing documentary at the American box office of all time and winner of the Palme d’Or. His film Bowling for Columbine (2002), which examines the causes of the Columbine High School massacre, won the Academy Award for Documentary Feature.
- Charles Ives (USA) was an American modernis tcomposer. He is one of the first American composers of international renown,though his music was largely ignored during his life, and many of his works went unperformed for many years. Over time, he came to be regarded as an “American original”.He combined the American popular and church-music traditions of his youth with European art music, and was among the first composers to engage in a systematic program of experimental music, with musical techniques including polytonality, polyrhythm, tone clusters, aleatory elements, and quarter tones, foreshadowing many musical innovations of the 20th century.
- Roy Harris was an American composer. He wrote much music on American subjects, becoming best known for his Symphony No.
- Identify Nationalist characteristics
- Understand the Applications of Nationalism
By the way, i can recommandation expert essay writers if you need to write essay at school/college/university or work.
Nationalism began to develop during the Romantic Era (1820 – 1915), and continues to grow to the present day. Many Romantic composers used music as a means to show their patriotism and loyalty for their country. Most National Anthem were written or chosen during the 19th century, as nations such Italy and Germany began to unify:Questions from essay writers:
- How do we identify a Nationalistic composer?
- What are some ways Nationalism is applied?
- What is the difference between individualism and nationalism?
- Why do Nationalist composers achieve popularity during the 1850’s and on?